South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- Seoul anticipates 3
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
- Seoul International Pride Film Festival kicks off on Nov. 2
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter